This week’s interview is with the uber popular, positive, and smart Emily Schromm. Emily is a certified personal trainer, CrossFit Coach, nutritional therapy practitioner, and all-round fitness personality, and she's out to change the way you think about food, weightlifting, and your body. She is the creator of the Superhero Challenge, a life-changing nutrition and exercise program, and has had more than 20,000 clients. Emily has also just started a show called Champs Versus Stars for MTV, is launching her own tea company, has her own podcast called Meathead Hippy, and recently created a backpack that doubles as a weight-training pack. She is a force to be reckoned with and puts authenticity at the forefront of all her endeavors—which is why her followers and fans connect with her so well. In this episode, we discuss the many avenues of health, wellness, and just being happy with yourself. We talk about everything from keto, to adrenals, to stress, to fat, to herbal flower essences, and the importance of learning how to listen to your body. If you’re in need of some inspiration to go outside, move your body, and just lead a healthier, happier life then this is the episode for you.
CLICK HERE for the full transcript.
Key Points From This Episode:
- The inspiration behind Emily’s weighted backpack.
- Making lifting weights accessible when you travel.
- Find out more about Emily’s holiday program.
- Emily’s diet and what it means to be “paleo-ish.”
- How do be fat adapted without being strictly keto.
- Understanding what macro counting does to the body.
- The role of genetics in transforming fats to fuel.
- How stress can be the biggest influence on your results.
- Personalized nutrition and overcoming dogmatic diets.
- How to tune in and listen to your body in a healthy way.
- Why your body is your own personal guinea pig.
- How Emily manages stress and sleep in her own life.
- What are your adrenals and managing adrenal health.
- Using flower essences to manage stress and emotions.
- Learn more about Emily’s herbal coffee and tea company.
- Emily’s daily routine and her revealing upcoming book.
- Social media, personal brands, and how to stay authentic.
- Emily’s TV stints on The Real World and now MTV.
- And much more!
“Your internal stress will translate into external stress.” — @EmFitMTV [0:14:18.1]
“Keto is wonderful but I don’t think it’s sustainable and I don’t think it’s good for women long term.” — @EmFitMTV [0:19:00.1]
“The reason I became paleo and cut gluten and cut dairy – I was liberated with food for the first time in my life.” — @EmFitMTV [0:21:00.1]
“I think stress is the main reason why people aren’t seeing results.” — @EmFitMTV [0:22:05.1]
“You are your own guinea pig.” — @EmFitMTV [0:25:10.1]
“I love lifting weights but I also really love herbs.” — @EmFitMTV [0:34:54.1]
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Dr. Bach Flower Essences – https://feelbach.com/about.html?refID=msgn2
Element Tea Company – https://herbalelement.com
Girls Inc – https://girlsinc.org/
Emily Schromm Website – https://emilyschromm.com/
EmPack Backpack – https://emilyschromm.com/empack
Emily Schromm Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/emilyschromm/
Emily Schromm Twitter – https://twitter.com/emfitmtv
Meathead Hippie Podcast – https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/meathead-hippie/id1212711812?mt=2
Superhero Challenge Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/superherochallenge/
Read more at http://paleomagazine.libsyn.com/#wWx1oBd140dwk6tE.99